2006 Honda Civic Repair Question
2006 honda civic
EXPANSION VALVE REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the evaporator core.
2. Remove the bolts (A) and expansion valve (B).
3. Install the expansion valve in the reverse order of removal, and note those items:
• If you're installing a new expansion valve, add refrigerant oil (SP-10)
• Replace the O-rings with new ones at each fitting, and apply a thin coat of refrigerant oil before installing them. Be sure to use the correct O-rings for HFC-134a (R-134a) to avoid leakage.
• Immediately after using the oil, reinstall the cap on the container, and seal it to avoid moisture absorption.
• Do not spill the refrigerant oil on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if the refrigerant oil contacts the paint, wash it off immediately.
• Make sure that there is no air leakage.
• Charge the system.
39,964 answers provided