LOCATION OF THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR IN DENALI

2006 GMC Envoy • 97,000 miles

Check engine light on
took car to Auto Zone and they said the code P0121 is the throttle position sensor
car skips or bucks from time to time while driving
Teschofield

It is on the throttle body.

This truck has a "drive by wire" system and the TPS is internal to the electronic throttle body assembly and is replaced as a complete unit. You are looking at a job, probably well over $500 and it will require some sophisticated diagnosis to confirm if that's what it really needs.

Wrenchtech
Wrenchtech I will have to say that I do not agree at all, the ac delco part can be purchased on ebay for around 130 and can be installed in fifteen minutes, im glad I dont run my shop how you described this, I can sleep at night and I wouldnt charge anything over $200 for this simple procedure including the learning procedure for the new TB

Darrenvertrees
Well, Darren, you keep buying your parts on E-bay. That should work out real well for you. Since this question is a year old, I expect this problem got resolved without your bad advice.

Wrenchtech