SICK CAR

2006 Ford Taurus • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 72,000 miles

Yesterday my started grinded 2x's when I tried to start it. Then it started, but today there is a loud roaring sound when I step on the gas coming from under my dash board area. And there was a terrible odor, almost like an sweet eletrical burning odor. Also when I step on the gas to go, I have to apply more gas then I previously did. Like less pick up. There smell seems to occur when ever I start the car, and when I stop for a light. What could this be? Oh one more or I should say 2 more things, for quite awhile now there is a squeeling coming from the fan belt and air belt area, but it is not bad belts. It seems to be coming from the wheel itself that turns the belts. I have applied proper spray for slipping belts that quiets it down for only a few welcomed seconds (it is sooo annoying). But it starts a chirping real soon after again. Also my gas mileage is so poor.I have had my gas filter changed which help slightly. On a full tank, I average 205 to 210 miles. My vehicle is a 2006 Ford tarus, thank you Joan.P.S. I have had a tune up with new wires and plugs about a year ago. New battery and rebuilt alternator about 6 months ago
Ladyjoan60

Hi lady joan, that squeeling is coming from the tensioner pulley, also I suggest you start by checking all fluids in the vehicle, transmission, oil, coolant, brake fluid. Everything! Also the noise coming from when you start it, sounds like the starter is bad. I wish I had more intel on the situation.

Legitimate007