CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

2006 Ford Taurus • 135,000 miles

Giving code 430, have replaced o2 sensor on 2 bank, repaired exhuast leak at flex coupling. State inspection shows cat heater not ready and egs not ready
Koy.liles

Is the trouble code still present?
After repairs and resetting the computer, it requires some running time before the various monitors becomes ready.

After all repairs were done and the endine light reset while driving the car the engine light came back on with the same code. What else could be the problem? What else could I check?

Koy.liles
The code is for catalyst efficiency below threshold and usually it means a bad catalytic converter for bank 2.

Thank you. Would it be wise to have a complete electronic diagonic test ran on the vehicle noting the problems? Would you recommend that I change just the cat or would you recommend other parts with the cat?

Koy.liles
DTC P0430: CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 2)

Description: Indicates the bank 2 catalyst system efficiency is below the
acceptable threshold.

Possible Causes: a) Use of leaded fuel
b) Damaged heated oxygen sensor (HO2S)
c) Out of range engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
d) High fuel pressure
e) Damaged exhaust manifold
f) Damaged catalytic converter
g) Oil contamination
h) Cylinder misfiring
i) Downstream HO2S wires improperly connected
j) Damaged exhaust system pipe
k) Damaged muffler/tailpipe assembly
l) Retarded spark timing
m) Leaking fuel injector

Check through the above and note if anyting is out of specs, starting with the easiest and if none found then you would have to replace the catalytic converter.

Thank you very much for all the advise it makes my descion to have the complete diagnoic test ran.

Koy.liles
You're welcome.