OVERHEATING ISSUES

2006 Dodge Magnum • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 48,000 miles

I have a 2006 3.5L Dodge Magnum. The car started overheating about a month ago. We went and tested the radiator cap at AutoZone and they said it was not holding pressure, so we bought a new cap. The car has been not overheating for about 2-3 weeks now. Yesterday the car overheats. So I checked the coolant and it was empty. I filled it up last night and have not drove the car since then. I just went out to check the coolant level and it was empty again. Where is all this coolant going? Because it is not leaking into the oil and it is not leaking on the ground. Can you help me figure this out?
Kristy80

You will have a small external coolant leak, under pressure it may be dripping onto the exhaust, get the system pressure tested as this will help locate the leak.

Mhpautos
Take it to a shop and have them insert a dye and then they will pressure test it and the leak will show under a ultra violet light.