POWER SEAT WON'T RECLINE

2006 Chrysler Pacifica • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 60,000 miles

I have a 2006 Chrysler pacifica and the power passenger seat quit reclining. It worked fine until my husband was playing around with my daughter and he lied the seat down on her legs right at the same time I was pulling out of our bumpy driveway. We went over a big bump and after that he could not raise the seat again. Needless to say, he feels terrible and he wants to take it to a shop and have it repaired but I don't want to spend our Christmas money on that. It still clicks when you push the switch like it is going to work, it just doesn't move. I think it may have gone back too far from the combination of his weight and the bump at the same time. I am pretty handy with things and I have always replaced my own lights, changed my own oil, changed windows, etc. I really need help.
Poopypants73

I no longer need help. I already repaired it.

Poopypants73
Have the same problem, how did you repair it?

Mihalyb
I am not sure how she did it but you can try shaking the the seat gently while trying to move it up. Quite often when motors over shoot, they can get stuck.