ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT ON

2006 Chrysler Pacifica • 132,000 miles

My abs light has been on for over 6 months now it is coming on and going out. This justo started th his week. The red brake light is now coming on and going out after a bit. The brakes, when id spply pressure to stop sometimes slide. I have noticed that there is a thump feeling while it feels like they graba and let go. Scarry. What do you think?
Catchthevision

Check the fluid level in the master cylinder.

Where does the thumping sound like it's coming from?

Rivermikerat
The brake master cylinderis on the verge of failing completely and you would need to get this resolved asap.

The handbrake indicator showing could be due to low fluid level in the brake master cylinder reservoir.

The ABS indicator is another problem that could be related to the low fluid leve and if the fluid level does not solve the problem, you would need to get the system scanned for trouble codes and proceed from there.

Sorry, I mmust have misred the part on the sliding. When the ABS system malfunctions, as indicated by the ABS indicator showing, the vehicle would slide during hard brakings as the wheels would lock.

During normal ABS operations, thumping would occur as the ABS system works to prevent the wheels from locking. Get a scan done to check for trouble codes, and do not forget to check your fluid level.

I missed that, too.

Rivermikerat
That makes it 2 of us, lol.

At times it is rather difficult to understand a question correctly as the description can be confusing.

Very true. Hehe

Rivermikerat