CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 104,000 miles

My car slightly hesitates when I pull off. It mostly happens when I take off from a red light, but it doesn't happen all of the time. When I push the gas, it will hesitate for a second or so then it will jerk and go. I have no problems while driving only when accelerating forward. I think it's the transmission but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Seanpatterson

Could be the motor too. When did you have the plugs, wires changed? Filters? Including the transmission?

It could be trans if the fluid is low. Check it, if you still think it is the trans, have a shop drive it to direct you to the engine or trans issue

I had jiffy lube do a transmission service about 3 months ago and they were supposed to change the spark plugs and other stuff. I will check the transmission fluid to see if it is low. If it is the transmission, would I have to get it completely rebuilt?

Seanpatterson