BUICK RANIER DOOR PROBLEM

2006 Buick Ranier • 103,000 miles

My question is how to get my car door open. The handle from the outside broke, and the childlock is on. The door is the rear drivers side. It won't open, and I was hoping to find a not to expensive way to repair this. I just bought the replacement pair for the handle. I know that the inside of the door handle is not broke. The door handle just broke off from the outside, nothing inside broke off in the door or anything. Thanks!

THE ENTIRE HANDLE ASSEMBLY LOOKS LIKE IT'S ALL PLASTIC

SEE THIS LINK

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_exterior-door-handle-dorman--help_10044924-p?searchTerm=door+handle+-+exterior#

IF YOU HAVE A SOLDERING IRONYOU COULD POSSIBLY "MELT-CUT" THE MIDDLE ENTIRE PORTION OF THE HANDLE ASSEMBLY OUT

THIS MIGHT MINIMIZE DAMAGEAS WITH USING A SAW OR DREMEL TOOL.......WHERE DOOR INTERNALS MIGHT BE CUT

ONCE YOU MELT THRU THE PLASTIC AND SNATCH OUT THE MELTED CHUNKS WITH NEEDLE-NOSE PLIERS...........YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO REACH IN THE HOLE AND ACTUATE THE MECHANISM TO OPEN THE DOORTHE SAME WAY THE HANDLE DOES IT

ATTEMPT TO ONLY MELT THE SURFACE AREA OR JUST SORTA SUPERFICIALLYPLUNGING THE SOLDERING IRON IN "DEEP"MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA.........AS I DON'T KNOW IF THERE ARE PLASTIC PARTS INSIDE THE DOOR

AM I GOOD OR WHAT?

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES