DIFFICULTY STARTING THE CAR

2005 Volkswagen Other • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 55,000 miles

I have a VW Gol of year 2005 and I am having a problem with starting it. When I start it in the very morning or after a long while, it switches on immediately while if I have walked a bit, switch off, I have difficulties in switching it on again. The same thing happens if I take a long trip, switch it off. And immediately want to switch on. It has the same problem. Kind of noise. I can switch it after 3 or 4 attempts.
Eoshafi

Are you referring to the car not cranking over on the key? Or is it cranking and not starting, I will also need the engine type & size.

Mhpautos
The car has difficulties in switching on when I hit the key to the position 'turn on'. I have to try this 3 or 4 times when I try to switch my car on after a short/long trip. When left for for more than 3 o4 hours, it switches on immediately. The problem persists only when I try to switch it on immediately after I have driven and stopped. My engine size is 1000 cc. I have recently changed the battery and now I have a new one so probably it's not that. I also cleaned the connections. The problem persists. Thank you for your patience.

Eoshafi