DVD REAR VIEWING

2005 Toyota Sequoia • V8 4WD Automatic • 53,000 miles

We own a 2005 Limited Toyota Sequoia that we bought new. It has the DVD option and the back is not working. This summer we went on a trip and it didn't work on the back screen, so we stopped and got batteries for the remote control. I figured that had to be the problem and it was. Four months later, it didn't work again, so I thought -Odd- but maybe it's the batteries on the remote control. Long story short, that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas? Are we able to get a new remote? I say that because that seems to be the only way to control the back screen, so without that, the DVD in the back is useless. If we can get one, how and who do we call to get something like that? I can only assume that is the problem, but maybe there is more to this than meets the eye.
Kreynol3

Hi, I might be too late to answer your question, I think you answerd your own question by replacing the remote, most likley it's the remote specially if it was exposed to the sun alot , that Offcorse if you don't have an aftermarket head unit because it will not work with an aftermarket HU, if you have took care of it or still in need for help, don't hesitate to ask, I'm a Toyota specialist and own a 05 sequoia myself, good luck.

Magaleh79