HELP - CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM LEFT REAR AFTER DRIVING A WHILE, STEP ON BRAKE, SLOW DOWN AND THEN ACCELERATE

2005 Toyota Matrix • 53,000 miles

My 2005 Toyota Matrix has been making a clicking noise, left rear, when I apply brakes and slow down and start accelerating again after driving to work every day. It starts when I first back my car out of my spot, with a rubbing noise, thought I had something in my tire. Mechanics checked out rear brakes, other than being dirty, could find nothing. What could it be?
I had the front brakes, pads and rotors replaced about 6 weeks ago, the noise is driving me crazy.
Margiemadd

-Have him check the suspension components, strut and the wheel bearing on that side-

Is your vehicle with disc or drum brakes?

KHLow2008, how would if it has disc or drum brakes?

Margiemadd
If you look thru the tire rims-the front will have a round shiny looking disc and if you see the same thing on the rear-its a disc set up all around-further on the back if you cannot see the round shiny looking disc its a combination of disc and drum brakes-