STARTER/IGNITION ISSUE

2005 Saturn Astra • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 150,000 miles

Key is loose in the ignition and will not turn the car on
TEDC82

Open it up and investigate the ignition switch cylinder lock/switch

Just to add to this one what do you mean the key is loose?It's not turning on?DO you mean the cylinder is stuck in the lock position and won't turn?Is your key badly worn down?

I was able to get the key to work after a few attempts and a little pressure on the steering wheel, but I think this is just a temp solution. When inspecting the key itself it is a little warn, but when observing the key hole in the ignition it is very worn and believe that may be the biggest problem.

TEDC82
Sounds like you need a new ignition cylinder then before the cylinder no longer turns and cost more to fix and is harder to fix. Here is a cylinder you will have to take it to a lock smith to have him code it to your key so the whole car still uses one key. If your handy with tools when you get all set to change it I will help you out let me know.

Thanks for the help.

TEDC82
Your welcome keep me posted.