CAN YOU LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO TROUBLESHOOT THIS PROBLEM

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix • 118,000 miles

I have a 05 pontiac grand prix with trac/ abs/ brake light on with abs codes c0896 device voltage range perfotmance / c0550 ecu/ccu malfunction / u1000 class 2 serial comm problem and a p0703 brake switch circuit disconnectected battery checked fuses and tried clearing and got an error message
David apaul

Which engine do you have?

Based on all the codes available, they are likely to be linked to each other and the main code would be C0550, a fault within the ECU.

DTC C0550

Circuit Description

The internal fault detection is handled inside the control module. No external circuits are involved.

DTC Descriptor

This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC C0550 Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Performance

Conditions for Running the DTC

The microprocessor runs the program to detect an internal fault when power up is commanded. The only requirements are voltage and ground. This program runs even if the voltage is out of the valid operating range.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The control module detects an internal write malfunction.

The control module detects an internal checksum malfunction.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

If equipped, the following module specific actions may occur: The ABS indicator turns on.

The BRAKE Warning indicator turns on.

The SERVICE 4WD indicator turns on and the system will be disabled.

The Service 4 Wheel Steering indicator turns on and the system will be disabled.

The SERVICE RIDE SYS or SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message is displayed.

The SERVICE SUSPENSION SYS message is displayed.

The traction control system (TCS) indicator turns ON.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

A current DTC clears when the malfunction is no longer present.

A history DTC clears when the module ignition cycle counter reaches the reset threshold, without a repeat of the malfunction.

Diagnostic Aids

This DTC may be stored as a history DTC without affecting the operation of the module. If stored only as a history DTC and not retrieved as a current DTC, do not replace the module.

If this DTC is retrieved as both a current and history DTC, replace the module.

That makes sense the ecu and not the abs module, wasnt sure on which one what you posted seems like all the syptoms im having do you now if thats a common failure or wat I can look for to prevent it, thanks alot

David apaul
Its a 3.8 super charged

David apaul
I am not sure if it is a common problem and could not find any TSB for such problems. Electronic components are hard to predict and there are no precautions available for such faults.

I'm I looking for an abs ecu

David apaul
Yes, that is the control unit that sets the code. EBCM - Electronic Brake Control Module.

I wanted to thank you for the info, I finally saved the money and bought a new ebcm and replaced it today and it fixed it thanks again

David apaul
You're welcome.

Glad to know the problem has been fixed.