NISSAN ARMADA ABS PROBLEM

2005 Nissan Armada • 19,900 miles

A couple of weeks ago the rear hatch started opening at various times when parked - usually within a few minutes after turning the car off, but sometimes several hours later. Today the brake light came on and when the brakes are applied - even in a parking lot when going very slowly, the ABS takes hold and an electrical type sound occurs.
Big Frieda

The abs sounds like a sensor that needs to be cleaned and inspected or replaced. We need the code to further help

as far as the latch, have it checked to see if it is fully closed in the locked position. Has the car been hit in the rear?

Thanks. How do I get the code? Is this a matter of taking it to a repair place to connect to the computer?

The car has not been hit and the door is closed properly. I bought the car used in 2007 and there has always been the issue that once in a while it automatically locks the doors a few minutes after it is turned off - I thought it was an issue with the remote key fob, or just how it was programmed, but now the rear hatch is opening at random - when it does this, the hatch must be closed manually - neither of the close hatch buttons in the car or on the key fob will do the job.

Big Frieda
Go to a parts store and they will pull the codes for free.

Have the body control module checked as it controls these functions

Thanks so much Roy - you don't know just how much you have helped. I am going thru a financial disaster and didn't know where to begin - you may have saved me a lot of $ - which is really critical right now.

Big Frieda
I know the feeling good luck