BRAKE LIGHTS

2006 Nissan Armada

Brakes problem
2006 Nissan Armada V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 51000 miles

I am not able the diagnose this problem. While the suv is running sometimes the hand brake light will turn on and if you apply the brakes then it sought off jams and makes noise. If you then stop the engine and start again, the light goes away and brake operates normal. This problem comes and goes away, bit I am not able to diagnose the problem. Fluid levels are good. Checked the rear brake and everything is functionally good.

Is this a problem of booster or some other hydraulic issue?
Samrohit

I have been driving the 06 Armada for 2 days on a trail test drive and this happened to me today. After researching online I ran across a recall on 06 brakes.

Brakes: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC

Service Bulletin Number: 6016
NHTSA Number: 10019412
Model Years Affected: 2005, 2006
Date of Bulletin: 03/2006
Bulletin Summary: GROAN NOISE FROM FRONT BRAKES. NISSAN.

Not sure if this is the problem but could be. The dealer said he would have this fix but I'm not trusting them to fix it correctly. I will forward him this same recall tommorrow. Let me know if you have any more info.

Travj
Thank you. I am still having this problem, however shall contact the dealer and advise.

Samrohit