REAR BRAKE PADS
2005 Nissan Altima • 4 cylinder •
How to change rear brake pads
February 23, 2011.
February 23, 2011.
1. Remove master cylinder reservoir cap.
2. Remove tires from vehicle using power tool.
3. Drain brake fluid.
4. Remove connecting bolt and torque member bolts using power tool, and remove cylinder body.
Fig. 66: Removing Connecting Bolt And Torque Member Bolts
5. Remove caliper and disc rotor. If the disc rotor cannot be removed, remove as follows:
• Make sure parking brake lever is completely disengaged.
• Hold down the disc rotor with the wheel nut and remove the adjuster hole plug.
• Insert a flat-bladed screwdriver through the plug opening and rotate the star wheel on the adjuster assembly in the direction shown to loosen and retract the brake shoes.
• Prior to removing disc rotor, make alignment mark using a marker between the hub and disc rotor.
• Remove wheel nut and rotor.
Fig. 67: Removing Caliper And Disc Rotor
Refill with new brake fluid.
• Never reuse drained brake fluid.
1. Install disc rotor.
• Align marks made during removal on the hub and disc rotor.
2. Install cylinder body to the vehicle, and tighten torque member bolts to the specified torque.
Torque member bolts : 71.6 - 97.0 N.m (7.3 - 9.8 kg-m, 53 - 71 ft-lb)
CAUTION:Before installing cylinder body to the vehicle, wipe off oil and grease on washer seats on axle assembly and mounting surface of cylinder body.
3. Install brake hose to cylinder body and tighten connecting bolt to the specified torque.
Connecting bolt : 16.7 - 19.6 N.m (1.7 - 1.9 kg-m, 13 - 14 ft-lb)
• Do not reuse the copper washer for connecting bolts.
Securely attach brake hose to protrusion on cylinder
4. Add new brake fluid and bleed air.
5. Install master cylinder reservoir cap.
6. Adjust the parking brake.
7. Attach the tires to the vehicle.
CAUTION:Burnish the brake contact surfaces when refinishing or replacing
brake rotors, after replacing pads, or if a soft pedal occurs at very
low mileage. Refer to "
I Need to Find a 81 Subaru Brat Accident / Body Repair /Restorer. My 1981 Subaru Brat was in a accident and I am Looking to find a Subaru Specialist to Help Repair my car. The biggest ...
1 answer • 1981 Subaru Brat • 286,000 miles
Needing to know what body parts are interchangable between the coupe and sedan. the coupe is 2001 and the sedan is 2003 i have a wrecked 2003 and just picked up a 2001 and wanted to ...
1 answer • 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
I have a 2001 bmw 325i that runs awesome and has almost a new frame with new bushings and shocks but the body is aweful and I have a 1997 bmw 318i that has an awesome body but a bad ...
1 answer • 2001 BMW 325i • 100,000 miles
My drivers door got hit, so i replaced it with another drove from a salvage yard , correct color match. but now the door body line does not match up like the orginal door did.
5 answers • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado • 65,000 miles