NISSAN ALTIMA TERMINAL PROBLEM

2005 Nissan Altima • 130,000 miles

My atlima wont rev up or accelerate regardless of what gear its in. I have seen several sites on this topic and the only conclusions is the throttle body or the throttle sensor unfortunately im not hip to altima engines that well please help
Marcuscobb

Is the Malfunction Indicator Light showing?

Have you checked for trouble codes?

Yes the codes I got where p1122 and p1126 I replaced the throttle body since the throttle position sensor cannot be attached had to get the car jumped to start it and it starts with no problem but now it idles high 14,000rpms and it only revs up to about 21,000rpms.I tried the relearning techniques and still no avail it shifts into each gear with no problem and will move on its on but when I accelerate it doesnt move any faster than if I werent accelerating! I've read other people replacing the cam and crankshaft sensor and still have the same problem any ideas on this?

Marcuscobb
I also changed out the plugs too!
Figured it couldnt hurt plus it was time too!

Marcuscobb
PROCEDURE FOR DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES P1126

1. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
2. Select "DATA MONITOR" mode with scan tool.
3. Start engine and let it idle for 5 seconds.
4. If DTC is detected, go to "DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE ".

Specification data are reference values and are measured between each terminal and ground.

CAUTION: Do not use ECM ground terminals when measuring input/output voltage. Doing so may result in damage to the ECM's transistor. Use a ground other than ECM terminals, such as the ground.

DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

1. CHECK THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR RELAY POWER SUPPLY
CIRCUIT-I

1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Check voltage between ECM terminal 104 and ground with tester.
Voltage: Battery voltage

OK: GO TO 5
NG: GO TO 2.

2. CHECK THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR RELAY POWER SUPPLY
CIRCUIT-II

1. Disconnect ECM harness connector.
2. Disconnect IPDM E/R harness connector E121.
3. Check continuity between ECM terminal 104 and IPDM E/R terminal 47. Continuity should exist.
4. Also check harness for short to ground and short to power.
OK: GO TO 4.
NG: GO TO 3.

3. DETECT MALFUNCTIONING PART
Check the following.
L Harness connectors E19, F33
l Harness for open or short between ECM and IPDM E/R
: Repair open circuit or short to ground or short to power in harness or connectors if problem found.

4. CHECK FUSE
1. Disconnect 15A fuse.
2. Check 15A fuse for blown.
OK: GO TO 8.
NG: Replace 15A fuse.

5. CHECK THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR RELAY INPUT SIGNAL CIRCUIT-I

1. Check voltage between ECM terminal 3 and ground under the following conditions with tester.

Ignition switch -
OFF = 0V
ON = Battery voltage (11 - 14V)

OK: GO TO 8.
NG: GO TO 6.

6. CHECK THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR RELAY INPUT SIGNAL CIRCUIT-II
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect ECM harness connector.
3. Disconnect IPDM E/R harness connector E124.
4. Check continuity between ECM terminal 3 and IPDM E/R terminal 42. Continuity should exist.
5. Also check harness for short to ground and short to power.
OK: GO TO 8.
NG: GO TO 7.

7. DETECT MALFUNCTIONING PART
Check the following.
L Harness connectors E20, F32
: Repair open circuit or short to ground or short to power in harness or
connectors.

8. CHECK INTERMITTENT INCIDENT
OK: Replace IPDM E/R.
NG: Repair or replace harness or connectors.

It funny yu posted this because I couldnt get to sleep thinking about the issue so I came across this in a manual that I dwnloaded and I checked the fuse. WTF yes it turns out that was the problem but now im getting fluctuation rpms when I start up the car I did the relearn procedures (with a stop watch) and time it perfectly but rpms still fluctuating. When I drive it I can just put it in drive and it accelerates up to 20-25mph on it own! Fix one thing something else goes wrong. Ugggg!

Are you still getting any codes?
Check for vacuum leaks.

I ended up taking it to the nissan dealer for the idle air reprogram a friend of mine told me that since the manual reset wasnt working that was the only option left! They hit me for $125 but she runs like new
no MIL no codes just in time for emissions too! I really appreciate the help! I see now why alotta ppl stick to old school engines this problem would have been so much easier to deal with! Thanks again!

Marcuscobb
You're welcome.

Happy New Year.