BUCKING OR CHUGING

2005 Kia Sedona • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 133,000 miles

2005 Kia sadona van code 302. Missfire set once has not reset. Also code po 171. Lean condishtion. It has reset. When driveing the car it will for a short time start bucking or chuging and some times die if at lower rpm. But all other times runs good. Could this be fuel or elect.
Thanks Steve
Stevis

Could be caused by one of the following below: 1. Vacuum leaks
2. EGR and PCV valve.
3. Low fuel pressure.
4. Dirty fuel injectors.
5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.
6. Oxygen Sensor.

Could this be fuel filter or pump it seems to be happening more often all the time

Stevis
Check the fuel pressure with a gauge -to rule out both

Def check the fuel pressure, also keep in mind just because you have good fuel pressure doesnt mean anything. Always check if you have a good fuel FLOW too. Alot of time techs miss that flow concept. I am not sure what excatly the specs are as far as flow goes. I'll look for it and let you know.

Bmwtechwaqas
HERE IS SOMETHING I FORGOT THE OWNER TOLD ME THAT THE BRAKES WERE HARD. WELL WHEN I WENT TO MOVE IT TODAY SHE WAS RIGHT FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. OR ABOUT 3 OR 4 MILES THEY WERE HARD KIKE NO POWER BRAKES THEN JUST LIKE THAT THEY STARTED WORKING COULD THIS BE RELATED TO THE ENGINE PERFORMANCE QUESTION.
STEVE.

Stevis