HONDA ACCORD TIMING BELT PROBLEM

2005 Honda Accord • 103,000 miles

I have a 2005 Honda accord V6. I recently had my timing belt changed at 103K. 2 weeks after changing the timing belt, I see oil leak. Dealership says that it comes from back main seal of the engine. Is that possible that the dealership damaged it when changing the timing belt so that I can use their warranty. It didnt have any oil leak at the time they changed the timing belt.

Thank you
Amir200022000

It's unlikely that they damaged it but it's a little negligent on their part not to recommend replacing those seals while they had the timing belt off.

Wrenchtech
Thanx for your reply.
But it didnt have any oil leak at all before changing the timing belt. I had it checked at two different dealerships before taking the car to this one.
Is it possible that they were careless when doing the timing belt and damaged it accidentally, (like by lifting the engine, etc)

Thank you

Amir200022000
The same day that they did the work on t-belt, They also changed some o-rings for the power steering pump as it was noisy due to some air in the lines, Is it possible that when doing that repair, they do some damage to the back main seal of the engine. I did some research on the internet and apparently for some of these services they need to lift up a little bit the engine or transmission which can cause this problem.

Thank you very much for your time

Amir200022000
If you're talking about the REAR main seal, there is no way they were anywhere near it.

Wrenchtech