WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY ?

2005 GMC Canyon • 84,000 miles

I have a check engine light on and it coded misfire in # 5 cylinder (straight 5). Once warm, RPMs will drop to about 300 to 500 at idle and it wants to die. Had it checked by a dealer mechanic and cylider pressure, plugs, wires and injectors all cleared. I have no idea what to do next. They wanted to rip the head off and look for a minumum of $1500. I would like to look simple first them difficult. Runs fine under power.
Canyon owner

Thats crazy if the compression was good then why pull the head?Those have issues with clogged injectors I just had one similar to that one that had a couple of different cylinder missfire codes. Everything checked out like yours I did a professional fuel injectiin cleaning where run the engine off a pressure canister with cleaner. The codes went away and the engine ran great.

Do you know anyone in wichita that is trustworthy. I will not be going back there.

Canyon owner
Check around local shops and stop in and talk to the people. Check many shops before settling for allowing them to help you.

Saturn is right. I have had the same issues in our shop and injectors are a big issue.

Us moderators live all over the world none near where you live that I know of. Heres a great resource its called repair pal google it.