I HAVE PULLED EVERY THING OFF BUT STEERING KNUCKLE. HOW DO I GET THE KNUCKLE OFF DO I NEED TO PULL AXLE

2005 Ford F-250 • 134,234 miles

This is a 4x4 I need to know if I need to pull axle to get the knuckle off. This is on the driver side
Gerald freeman

Here are the directions I could find: 1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
2. Loosen the axle retainer nut.

NOTE
The wheel speed sensor electrical connectors are located in the engine compartment secured to the fender aprons.

3. Disconnect the wheel speed sensor.
4. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.

WARNING
Use the hex holding feature to prevent the ball studs (upper control arm, lower control arm tie-rod end, and stabilizer bar links) from turning while removing and installing the nuts.

WARNING
Do not hammer the ball studs to separate them from the wheel knuckle or stabilizer bar. Doing so can cause damage. Lightly tap the wheel knuckle or stabilizer bar to loosen the joints.

5. Remove the axle-to-wheel hub nut. Separate the outboard CV joint from the wheel hub.
6. Remove the wheel speed sensor harness connector.
7. Remove the anchor plate bolt.
8. Remove the brake caliper, pads and anchor plate.

WARNING
Do not allow the brake caliper to hang from the hose or damage to the hose can occur.