HOW CAN I FIX THE A/C IN MY VAN

2005 Ford E-Series Van • 107,000 miles

I have a 2005 ford econoline van E150 I have been having a/c problems with it when you give it the gas the a/c shuts off almost all the way but when you let off the gas pedal it starts working good again the engine does not get overheated or the engine temp has been doing good the a/c blows cold air when it idles
James Humphreys

Please stick with one question and post your replies on that one starting a new question to post an answer confuses people and makes it hard to answer your question.I still need the high and low pressure readings at idle and giving it gas when it turns off?Without the pressures were just guessing and guessing gets expensive real quick.

I dont know what they are I dont have gauges to check them could the system be low on freon

James Humphreys
Usually when the charge is low it will blow cool at idle and blow colder at higher rpm driving down the road etc. You have two choices buy some tools to fix your ac or take in. Actually three start guessing and throwing parts at it.I dont recomend the third one though or approve of it.

Ok well I forgot to mention what the problem is the air goes from the vents to the floor when you give it gas could it be in the computer or something

James Humphreys
That's going to be a vacuum leak. Trace the vacuum lines back to the engine from the control head. A smoke machine is great for testing this

Djcl
Is the air still cold when it switches?