I HAVE A OTHER DAY I NOTICED STEAM COMING FROM UNDER THE HOOD I POPPED THE HOOD AND THE OVER FLOW WAS DRIPPING I DIDN THINK IT WAS A BIG DEAL SO I LET IT SIT A FEW DAYS LATER I OPEN THE RADIATOR AND IT WAS VEREY MILKY LOOKING I SMELLED IT

2005 Dodge Neon • 98,000 miles

Have more questions as I proceed ill tip for sure
Wizzap

Just noticed I didnt post my question right so hope people can help ill repost it here.\

i have a 2005 dodge neon other day I noticed steam coming from under the hood I popped the hood and the over flow was dripping I didn think it was a big deal so I let it sit a few days later I open the radiator and it was verey milky looking I smelled it and it was transmisson fluid after search net figured out to replace my radiator. Anyway to the question how do I remove the transmisson lines from bottom of radiator the look like they are just stuck into the nut of the radiator I dont wanna break the lines and cause more problems.2nd question if I unhook tranny lines is it safe to flush old radiator or do I wait to put new one in and flush I dont want to get gunk in new one if possible

Wizzap
Quick update : got my hands on a service manual from pic looks like it uses hose clamps but my connection does not have hose clamps do I cut them off

Wizzap
You will have to wait till you install the new radiator and hook the transmission cooler lines back up. Otherwise you will loose al your transmission fluid when you start the engine with the transmission cooler lines off.

So your transmission cooler lines have flared end with a nut that screws into the radiator?

Nope they are not flared it looks kinda like a plastic nut but its not a nut its more round

Wizzap
I just looked at a spectra radaitor for your car and it has threaded holes at the bottom of the radaitor where a threaded hard line would screw in. Can you post a pic of what your looking at?It would really help.

Look at the new rad. Do you see threads in the coolant line holes?

Cadieman
Ill have to post pics later ist dark now ill do it first thing in the morning. But im thinking they are screw on lines after more searchs

Wizzap
If you have male ends that thread into the radiator then you should be fine from what I see on the new radiator. Post the pics tomorrow and I will see what your talking about.

The metal part is the radiator the black part going into the nut turns with my fingers but doesnt lossen or come off im so lost on top of the the radiator I ordered the hose looks like its in wrong spot on the pic than what I have payed last payment on car and it tore up

Wizzap