DODGE DAKOTA BRAKES PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Dakota • 190,000 miles

Ok I have no brakes I have replaced: front pads, rotors, calipers, master cylinder, and checked the vacume on the brake booster, bled the brakes about 10x and the brake pedel still falls away can pump it up and get pedel running or not but after you wait a few secs and push again goes straight to the floor what could cause this and how can I fix it
Kevinire024

When you're able to pump them up and hold pressure, that indicates the rear shoes are out-of-adjustment. Did you replace the parts in an attempt to fix the problem or did the low pedal start after the parts were replaced?

I never messed with the shoes in the back all I changed was on the front cause thats all it needed

Kevinire024
You missed the point and my question. Was the problem there before you replaced the parts? Have you inspected the rear shoes? Most importantly, once the new pads were installed on the front you needed to pump the pedal to work the pistons out of the calipers. At any time did you press the brake pedal all the way to the floor?

Yes the brake pedel goes to floor and no I didnt check the rear brakes and no the problem started after the new parts

Kevinire024
If the red brake warning light has turned on, that is a clue the master cylinder may have been damaged. A lot of crud and corrosion builds up in the bottoms of the bores where the lip seals don't normally travel. When the pedal gets pushed too far, the seals get ripped on that crud. You may find the pedal sinks slowly when you hold pressure on it. Sometimes that doesn't show up until you modulate the foot pressure a little.