URGENTLY NEED HELP PLEASE

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 43,000 miles

Hi,
I own a pt cruiser 2.2 crd 2005. I had to do exstensive work onthe engine and so had to take the timing chain ect off. Now I am rebuilding the engine and have replaced the timing chain the engine is just not sounding right or firing up. I have had to tackle the problem of there being no marks anywhere for me to follow when resetting the timing and so have followed the process of setting it to top dead center but am getting nothing from the car only a sound which I can only describe as a large coil spinning but car not starting. Do any of you guys know what I can do I am ripping my hair out.
AK
Ruby1964

05 PT has 2.4 L and uses a timing belt. What is VIN and production date?

Docfixit
Hi,
the Vin in 1C8F4N8U65T569460.
Date of first registration is 29/04/2005.
CC is 2148.
Just checked this info on reg document and the car is PT cruiser classic crd.
If you can give us any advise which will help we would really be grateful, just no timing resetting marks to guide me.

Thankyou
AK

Ruby1964
The VIN provided is for a 2005 MPV 4 dr Hatchback with a 2.7L 6 cylinder made in Toluca, Mexico
recheck something is wacko

Docfixit
In 05 the only engine used in PT with chain is 1.6L see diagram

Docfixit
A ba gaber

Docfixit
Hi
thankyou for trying to help me.
Apparently it is a oM611 mercedese engine based on a merc c220 but it is 4 cylinder prototype, twin cam 2.2 crd commonrail.
The cylinder head as timing marks and locks into position but the crank shaft pully and fly wheel has no timing marks. I can find T.D.C but unsure if it times up on T.D.C or 30 degrees before T.D.C and is number 1 cylinder the timing chain end?They did do a 2.4 L diesel this one is definatley not that model.
I have rebuilt but sounds like no compression there. I am gratefull for any help or clues. Thankyou very much.
AK can send you photos if it will help let me know.

Ruby1964
Yes pics would help car purchaced in USA at Chrysler?

Docfixit
This is diesel engine?

Docfixit
Hi,
yes it is a diesel engine.
I live in Great Britain and purchased the car here, hope you can still advise?
I am preparing some diagrams of the engine and will send them to you tomorrow at some point when I return from work.
Thanks again.
AK

Ruby1964
O.K. Am research as to which MB engine was used the C 220 was not produced in US so data base I use is not helpful.

Docfixit
Page 1 of 2