CHRYSLER PT CRUISER ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 161,000 miles

My check engine light had came on and the codes were cylinder 1 and 2 misfire. I changed the plugs and the coil pack along with a new battery. After doing these repairs the car will no longer start. Help?

First of all it is likely in theft mode. Use the key to unlock one of the front doors.

Try holding the gas pedal down 1/8" when cranking the engine. Since the battery was disconnected, the Engine Computer lost its memory and has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. It also might not give you the normal "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm when you start the engine. To meet the conditions for the relearn to take place, drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the brake or gas pedals.