O2 SENSOR BANK 1 SENSOR 2

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 74,000 miles

I have a 2005 chevy trailblazer l6 4.2 it is throwing code p0140 which is o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 but when my husband and I got the part it looks like it is sensor 1 according to location so where is the sensor 2 exactly located?
Desiree_2007

Behind the cat converter.

Ok so the person at the auto parts store gave us a sensor and the sensor that we have is located under the hood. We go through the wheel well to find it

Desiree_2007
No, sensor 2 is under the truck behind or downstream of the cat converter

Im just trying to make sure im not confused and we are replacing the right sensor I mean he went off the code to find the part. I guess I am just paranoid it isnt the right one cause I always assumed it was under the passenger side front door

Desiree_2007
Ok I understand now I am pretty sure he gave us sensor 1 instead

Desiree_2007
First of all, bank 1 is the drivers side. And yes, it would be under the drivers door, not through the wheel well

dont be surprised if the sensor does not repair the truck. A code never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.

You got the opinion of a parts salesman, not a technician.

I have an inline 6 not v6

Desiree_2007
Ok, bank 1 is the front group of 3 cylinders.

Ok so the sensor 2 for that one would be under the door or by the wheel well? Sorry im just really confused and cant find anything online except you and it is much appreciated

Desiree_2007
Yes, that would be correct and your welcome.