HEATING PROBLEMS

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 81,500 miles

Have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4WD and noticed that when I turn the heat on my feet it blows good, but on top it does not blow very strong and nothing comes out on high when I switch it to feet and top. Any suggestions on what may be causing this and how I can fix it. Our question.
Daj0424

Is the blower motor shutting off on the high setting? Also, have you checked for any vacuum leaks under the dash?

The blower motor is on and stong, I dont feel any leaks but I can check again, could the cabin air filer be clogged? I am no mechanic but thought that may do it, since it is just on top?

Daj0424
The cabin air filter would cause the problem in all positions. To me it sounds like the air flow vents are not fully opening and closing. Have you checked for vacuum leaks under the dash?

I will check

Daj0424
DId some more looking into this, it seems to be happening on all settings. The force of air seems to be what I would consider low to mid air force and this is when I am on high. I will turn on the air in car only (which is normally higher air force) and it is just a bit less. I check for leaks and I dont have any. I went to try to look at the motor and the in cabin air filter and dont seem to have the knoweldge to get in there. Any assistance would be helpful.

Daj0424