FUEL PUMP VS LIGHTER

2005 Chevrolet Equinox • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 133,000 miles

My 2005 Equinox AW was running and then it was real slow and the RPM will not go up. Then it stold and would not start. Tow things I did was had a car wash and I brought a iphone Fm transmiter and pluped it into the lighter it was work and for about 20 min. Then this happen. Car went to shop and I was told that the fues to the fuel pump was blowen. Could it have been because of the item I pluged into the light that cause this or it just happen to happen around the same time? Worryed it might happen again if I try to use
the lighter. I cannot see that Chevy would wirer the fuel pump and the lighter onto one fuse loction. Please help. FM Train. Cause over $100 and no refund. Also the fuse on the FM Train did not blow. Would it not blow first?
So after at AAA tow and service charger of $150 I am still lose. On what to do.
Dragonladyct

Fuel pump and lighter are not on same fuse, was car low on gas?

Mmprince4000
NO I had 3/4 tank full. And fuel pump was replaced two years ago.

Dragonladyct
Could be a coincedence, or a bad fuse.

So fuse was replaced, is it still blowing?

Mmprince4000
No but I have not tryed to use the FM TRANs for my Iphone again, because I am afraid it might blow again. Serice man can not tell me for sure that, that was not the cause of the fuels blowing up. He was not even sure if it was on the same fuse.I am a handiecap person so I am unable to even change a fuse if it blows again. Can you tell me where is the fuse box for my car and what size fuse it takes? Should I have all the fuse replace since I never had that done to my car since I brought it. Can a fuse go bad on it's own?

Dragonladyct
Fuses are usually inside under dash and underhood. Fuel pumps are usually 20-30amp.

A fuse can blow and can be caused by the fuse, in other words a bad fuse that may be rated at 30 amps but due to a defect it blows at 25 amps or less.

Mmprince4000
Thanks so much for the info. I am glad I found you guys. Now I don't feel lose. I will pass your address to all my girl friends. Just one more question. So you don't think the FM Trans was the cause at all and using it should not cause the fuel fuse to go?

Dragonladyct
Thanks for using 2carpros.

Mmprince4000