QUESTIONS?

2005 Buick Rendezvous • 94,000 miles

I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous that I am still paying for. It is driven by my daughter who has three small children. A week ago she came home at night. Her clicker to the security gate would not work. So she parked on the street. All seemed well she said accept when she had started it to head home it "growled" like she held the key too long. I went out to move the car. The car was completely powerless, NO Nothing. Since it was dark and stormy I left it on the street. Next day I tried to start it again. Same thing, no power at all. I had someone help me push it into the gate and he tried to jump it with his Jeep Cherokee. Nothing at all. It set for the whole week until my older daughter's husband came over with his Ford pickup with two batteries. He successfully jumpstarted it. All seemed in order, lights were not dim, the dash gages all seemed normal, all the radio presets were there but the gas gage was below empty and the low fuel light was on. He followed me to gas up and it died 2 times. He again jumped it and I made it home and this morning it started fine. Can you please help me? I have no money to get it diagnosed. Thank you.
Anitaduncan

It sounds like the alternator has failed check the voltage at the battery with the motor running. It should be around 14.5 volts.

If it is ok, the battery may be failing.

A diag is only 20 and well worth it.