WHY DOES MY THIS CAR INTERMITTENTLY REFUSE TO START? IT WILL BE TOTALLY DEAD. THEN IT WILL START LIKE ALL IS WELL.

2005 Buick Rendezvous • 95,000 miles

Back on April 21, 2012 I asked for advice for this car. Back then it had been completely dead for over a week, would not even jump start, then my son-in-law jumped it, 3 times actually, in a short period. It has been completely fine until a couple of weeks ago. It began to intermittently refuse to start. Totally dead, nothing. Then it will start like nothing had ever happened.
The battery is good, the cables are tight, and I have no money to investigate any further.
This is the car my daughter drives to transport three little kids. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.
Anitaduncan

So when it wont start you have no dash lights etc inside the vechile?

Nothing!

Anitaduncan
You removed the battery cables from the battery and made sure the cables were clean?You also actually had the battery tested?

No to both questions. But the battery cables and posts are clean and tight as can be. Plus the battery is less than 2 years old. After a no-start episode the car will start perfectly, and repeatedly without having to do anything.
Also I forgot to mention, back in time before the initial no starting problem there was another weird happening. Normally the radio will stay on after the engine is shut off. Then when the doors are opened the radio turns off. For a short period of time the radio would not turn off when the driver door was opened. But, it would when any other door was opened. Around the time of the total power black out in April the door/radio issue resolved itself.

Anitaduncan
I have had brand new batteries off the shelf be bad so test the battery. Also you say you dont have corroded cables but I have seen them look clean out the outside then take the cables off and find them corroded so lets start there.

The car started starting again so I took it to Pep Boys where I bought the battery less than 2 yrs ago. The battery was bad so they credited me $90 toward the new battery. So, for $38 we should be good! Thanks for all your help.

Anitaduncan
Your welcone that's what were here for glad to here it was a easy fix.