PROBLEMS WITH SHIFTING

2005 Buick La Crosse • FWD Automatic • 80,000 miles

I have purchased a 2005 Buick Lacrosse CXL with 80,000 miles on it. I have had it for almost two months. Since purchased I have had it back to the dealer at least ten times for them to fix problems or look at the car. They replaced a hub bearing and the motor mounts. I also had a diagnositics test performed on the car and nothing was found. However this car sometimes acts like it does not want to shift into first gear. When driving it takes a while to shift and the first shift is not smooth. It doesn't do it all the time and after the motor mounts were replaced it didn't do it for a few weeks. But the past two days it seems as though it hesitates to take the first shift but after that it rides smooth.
Malispyke

Did the dealership come up with any codes during the diagnostic test? Have you had the starting and charging system checked? Some newer vehicles can develop a hard shift when battery voltage gets low.

Let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Cup1981