HELLO, I HAVE A , WHILE I DRIVE THE CAR, THE STEERING WHEEL MAKES A CLICKING SOUND, WHILE IT MAKES THE CLICKING SOUND, THE STEERING GET HARD, OFF AND ON. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME ON WHAT TO DO? THANK YOU, JAVIER

2004 Saturn Vue • 50,000 miles

When I drive the car, the steering wheel get hard, off and on. It also makes a clicking sound all the time, everytime it clicks, it either gets hard or soft again like its suppose to be.
Isabellalucianajdc

Where is the clicking coming from?Exactly?

Right on top of the steering wheel, like on the column.

Isabellalucianajdc
Is it clicking only while turning the wheel?Are you talking about it clicking in the air bag area?

No. The clicking is all the time, weather I am turning or not. The clicking is coming from the steering column, not the airbag area. Almost coming from where the turning signal is.

Isabellalucianajdc
You have electric steering so I would have power steering control module checked for codes since the steering is turning off and on. The auto parts store cant read those codes.I would also check all the connections to the steering motor and power steering control module. Its all there at the base of the steering column.