SATURNTECH9. VIN #1G8AZ52F44Z226465. I CAN HEAR THE NOISE WHEN TURNI

2004 Saturn Ion • 145,000 miles

Thank you so much for your help
Troy31

When moving the steering wheel? Or when the steering wheel is turned and you are moving? If when turning the steering wheel, it is most likely a problem in the steering rack. If while the car is moving, it is most likely a CV Joint.

Rivermikerat
Please dont keep making a new question its confussing for other moderators and me because I dont get a email letting me know you responded. So can you only hear the noise while moving and turning the wheel. And not while moving the wheel and not moving?Answer that question and I will tell you what to replace. Post your response on this question dont start another question.

Yes, while moving forward and moving the wheel back and forth

Troy31
See if you hear the noise while sitting still and moving the steering back and forth.

Rivermikerat
I don't hear it unless I'm moving

Troy31
Bad CV joint. Look for the ripped one on the side you hear the noise from.

Rivermikerat
I would replace the sway bushings your car doesnt require you to replace the brackets its a late enough vin.

There is a bullentin for the sway bar bushings clunking I have replaced so many for clunking I have lost count. Very common on those cars.

Thank you so much, your advice is very much appreciated. Again, thank you

Troy31
Your welcome thats what were here for keep us posted on how it goes.