I HAVE A LEAK AT THE HOSE LINE ABOUT MIDPOINT ON THE CONVERTIBLE SOFT TOP, IS IT POSSIBLE TO SPLICE IN ANOTHER IDENTICAL HOSE WITHOUT MUCH PROBLEM?

2004 SAAB 9-3 • 80,000 miles

Hydraulic Hose info taken off the hose: Parker Polyflex 263 DN2 WP 200 bar
(the 200 bar translates to about 2900 psi - is this the actual operating pressure?)
What fittings can be used for reattachment?
Rocandav

You need the ones designed for whatever hydraulic fluid is being used and the pressure in use.

Rivermikerat
Saab dealer mentions to use Mineral Oil. I will most likely replace the entire line and not take a chance to splice in. I have contacted Parker (USA division) and see if a splice is even realistic.
Thanks for the help.

Rocandav
Splices are normally not recommendable, especially at the pressure levels you mentioned above.

Rivermikerat
Rocandav,
did you have any luck?
I was considering a splice as well, so I could use a tube with more resilience to being in the top down bent position longer.

At the pump, there looks to be Tube Stub Fittings. Does anyone know how they are connected? It looks like the pump plate holds them in, or do they screw into the plate?

Gregfox
The line has a product number 263 DN2 WP 200 BAR, and a QC number QC 23077 07 3-Q-04. The line OD is 0.174-0.179. Parker Polyflex

the bend in the closed position is about 1" dia, and straight when oppen.

The cylinder connection in has an OD of 0.149. At the pump, what looks like Tube Stub Fitting, the OD of the fitting as it passes through the manifold plate, is 0.172. I'm not sure how they connect past this point howerver.

Gregfox

The cylinder connection in has an OD of 0.149. At the pump, what looks like Tube Stub Fitting, the OD of the fitting as it passes through the manifold plate, is 0.172. I'm not sure how they connect past this point howerver. It is the lower connection

Gregfox
Greg; A hose that is more resilient is usually less able to handle higher pressures.

Rivermikerat
Gregfox
The thought was to replace an equivalent / capable line. If this line is approaching even 100 psi, you will need the right connections. Having worked in the Structural test engineer'g field, we used 3000 psi lines to run our Static and cyclic test (1500 psi if minimal loading). These pressures truly require correct connections (most ours were Stainless steel with sufficient rating). With our SAAB, I am just going to install the entire line (see Jim Ellis Saab Atlanta for a menagerie of parts with illustrations).

Rocandav
That's what I would recommend.

Rivermikerat