PROTON GEN-2 ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Proton Gen-2 • 268,067 miles

My gen 2 engine light is will turn on after driving for 15 minutes. I didn't have any problem as had been about
6 months. My mechanic also can't see any problems after checking with his machines.

Now I m having problems where is the the car will stopped suddenly without any indications I observed this happen during hot weather. When I start the car about 20 minutes later the car will start. I have face this problem three times the mechanic also can't solve this matter kindly advise.

When the MIL comes in, it means an error has been detected by the engine management system. If you can't find any trouble codes, either the scan tool is not compatible, the code has not stored or it is erased when engine is turned off.

I would start with checking the basics, spark plugs condition, loose wire connections at the engine computer, contaminations.

Was anything done prior to this occurring?