PONTIAC GRAND PRIX FUSE PROBLEM

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix • 67,000 miles

Heater blower fan quit and 30amp battery main fuse under hood blew replaced fan and fuse. Blower ran on high as soon as pluged into harness, I replaced module and worked fine for 1 week then started running continuously on high again. Replaced module again and worked fine for a day next day started and instantly went to high setting when turned knob onto lowest setting

Did you replace the connector?

What are you calling "THE CONNECTOR"

Brucemay
If you are continuously blowing a fuse you need to figure out the cause. I am sure the module burns out and blows the fuse but have you considered that the blower motor might be drawing too much current. You potentially have a small water leak into you heater case that could case your blower motor to rust and draw more current.

Gmtech
The leak was repaired prior to replacing fan motor and fuse hasnt blown sice I replaced it the one time. No water is on or around new motor.

Brucemay