CAN A AC COMPRESSOR CAUSE PCU TO GO BAD

2004 Pontiac Grand Am • 100,000 miles

I had my car in the shop a year ago because it wouldn't start. Come to find out the pcu was bad. They told me that the air compressor was the cause of it. I didn't have the money at the time to pay for that to. It didn't sound right anyways. They left it unplugged and said that would work
Cmonster

NO total BS

Docfixit
So I can plug it back in and everything will be fine? I just don't want to have to buy another

Cmonster
AC compressor is controled by a relay no direct connection to PCM. Where they saying comp locked up? AC working before no start? No start mean it cranked but would not run?

Docfixit
It worked great before the no start. Yes it would crank all day and not start. They just said the comp was what caused the pcm to go bad

Cmonster
Story sounds fishy did check engine light come on? Security light? PCM rarely failes suspect fuel pump or cam or crank sensor was cause. May wany a second opinion not being able to see vehicle hard to say if all will be fine if plug Comp

Docfixit
Pcm and crank postion sensor was changed and works great now. I had no lights. Would run great before it was replaced if I disconnected battery for a few mins

Cmonster
Suspect crank sensor was fault the AC story makes NO sence and could not cause PCM to fail. This your regular shop?

Docfixit
It was a place that was recommended to me. I had just moved and I do a lot of my own work on my cars. Just don't know anything with computers

Cmonster
So going to plug it in?

Docfixit
Would you if you were me?

Cmonster