3400,V6 ENGINE,MY BCM KEEPS GOING OUT,WHAT WOULD MAKE IT GO OUT IN 5 MINUTES

2004 Oldsmobile Alero • 137 miles

I can replace the bcm, and go thru the process for the security light with the ign. Switch and it all sets up then after startin a time or two the bcm goes back like it was, all lights on dash and gauges come on for 3 seconds then go out and the tach and speedometer do not work. Can turn key on and jump across starter, it starts and runs and shifts fine, but no gauges or warning lights.
Jmmjbn

Try checking for trouble codes. Check underhood fuses.

All fuses are good, can not check codes, will not read codes

Jmmjbn
Check for voltage on ignition feed connector B terminal 9 pink wire

Docfixit
Do you mean the scan tool is not able to communicate?

Scan tool will not show anything, like nothing is there. What is voltage suppose to be on pink wire? Will have to get back to you later, as I am at work.

Jmmjbn
Ignition feed is battery voltage.

I have 12 v at the pink wire, also to the bcm, I have replaced the switch, also have a drain on battery

Jmmjbn
The drain on the battery should be diagnosed and rectified. It could be related to the BCM logging off. It can be some component not turning off, a bad control module or a relay sticking. The link below should be helpful.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

The drain on bat. Only starts after the bcm goes out, I have checked everything on car and the only thing that checks bad is the bcm.I would like to know the top 10 things that would make the bcm fry in a matter of minutes.

Jmmjbn
A shorting in one of the circuits that is linked to the BCM can cause that. The other would be excessive voltage getting to it.

Page 1 of 2