WILL NOT RUN PROPERLY AFTER CHANGING PLUGS

2004 Nissan Maxima • 173,000 miles

I changed the spark plugs on my 2004 Maxima and when put back together it will not idle and stalls. On higher speeds it seems to run OK but gas pedal very sensitive and revs up easily. Car starts every time. I checked all my connections and seem to be OK. I did disconnect the air intake system. I did clean the butterfly valve on the electronic throttle control actuator with a clean cloth and opened ans closed the valve a few times. The car run OK at 50 KM/hr with tack at 15K. I took it to my repair shop and they said they could not get it up to temp to re-program the computer and did not have time to diagnose it further at this time. They were not able to get a coolant temp module reading.
FredAFacca

There are several things to do first.
Make sure that you have the spark plug wires in the right place.
Make sure that all of the spark plugs are screwed in all the way.
Make sure that all the spark plug wires pushed on all the way.
Have the codes checked. This might help us figure it out.
Did you remove the throttle position sensor?

Promechanic
I changed the plugs one at a time and made sure the wiring is pushed in all the way. Each plug has a boot that goes over the plug and the boot is bolted to the manifold. I did not remove the throttle position sensor as far as I know. Maybe you can describe it and where it is located just to make sure. I did clean the butterfly valve on the electric throttle control actuator but only by moving it back and wiping it with a cloth. I did that several time but never removed anything other that the wiring. All the wires are reconnected.

FredAFacca
Have the codes checked and let me know what they are if there are any.

Promechanic
I have my own ODB reader and the code that came up is P1122 electric throttle control actuator.

FredAFacca
Anytime you do anything with your throttle body on you Nissan you need to have it re-learned at the dealership. This usually does not cost too much. I think this is probably what is going on with your car. On these newer Nissans they are very picky with this sensor.
You might have another problem with the sensor itself, but the dealer should be able to tell you.

Promechanic