200000 MILES

2004 Nissan Maxima

3 days ago I change alternator. Ran fine. Staled out while driven now it turns over but want start. No fuses ur bad, headlights come on while tryn to crank an ther in off position, fans come on immediatly, gauges light up but dont work, and the a.C want light or turn on when key is forward.

Justinstill

Check your alternator belt (to be sure it is tight).

Try jump starting the vehicle. If it does start with a jump, suspect the alternator isn't charging the battery for some reason. Then take the car to the autoparts store and have them check the charging system and battery (the will do ti for free).

Freemba
Car turn over great tho. Just doesnt start

Justinstill
What should I check next?

Justinstill
Check for a spark

In order to check for a spark at one of the spark plug wires, remove the spark plug wire from the spark plug. Connect it to a spark tester and connect the other end of the spark tester to a good engine ground (a bolt will do fine). Have an assistant to crank the engine and you should see a spark jump the gap in the spark tester. If so, the ignition system is doing its’ job. If not, more testing f the ignition system is required.

Also check your fuel pressure. You can "rent" a fuel pressure gauge for your local auto parts store.

Post the results of both tests here.

Freemba
No spark but can tell fuel pump is coming on.

Justinstill
Ill post fuel presure soon thanks

Justinstill