, REAR DOOR WILL NOT OPEN

2004 Nissan Frontier • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 74,000 miles

I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier 4 door that the rear passenger side door will not open. I have tried removing the panel, but the car body overlaps the panel while the door is closed. The door will not open from the inside or the outside. The linkages feel like they are OK from the inside, but the the door latch is not opening. I have called the repair shops and have been told that in order to fix it, it could be $300 to $500. Any idea on how to get the door open, so I can do the repairs myself?
Tg062468

Tg, well, it's been about a year and half since you posted this. I am having the same issue that started with the driver side rear door then the psngr rear door did the same thing. I've not been able to find anyone who can clear up this issue. Sure would be nice if NISSAN could come up with a solution. What I have noticed is that when I flicker the power lock switch, sometimes, there seems to be a "catch" when I try to open the door, but it usually fails to open. If you've had success with this issue, I'd appreciate if you could post your solution.

Prismtech