MITSUBISHI ENDEAVOR COMPRESSION PROBLEM

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor • 215,000 miles

Why vehicle want start after changing timing belt? And #2 coil. The tps is humming on the throttle body.
Hellionkng

Why did you change it?

Are your marks correct?

Did it run before replacing it?

Do a compression test

The vehicle was missing thursday morning on my way to work. Picked up my rider and it killed while sitting n neutral. The obll/scan I did told me the #2 coil was bad and it was. It's smelled burn't. It grounded out on the valve cover tube. When I changed it, the vehicle just spin over just the way it did when I tried to restart it that mornining. So; I changed the timing belt thinking that was the problem. The marks are exact on the cam shafts and crank. If I align the marks on the crank is it at tpc? Are Do I have to take the #1 spark out to get on top dead center?

Hellionkng
Did you align the timing marks before you replaced the belt?

Mhpautos
Yes!

Hellionkng
If you aligned the crank gear correctly, the pistone will be at tdc.

Our concern is do you have any compression or did you bend valves.

I would start with a compression test

Why is the throttle body humming when I turn the switch on? I grabbed the plug and it weakens. Would this keep it from starting? When the motor spins I hear a puff sound.

Hellionkng
That is another issue and it may be tps related or ecm, but lets stick to the first issue