MAZDA 6 SENSOR PROBLEM
2004 Mazda 6 • 12,000 miles
Cam code p0340. have changed cam sensor and crank sensor, crank was installed with correct tools. checked cam timing with the bar across the back, it was ok. after repairs veicle won't start. if i adjust crank sensor too the top of adjustment it will run. trhottle vehicle and code p0340 comes back.
March 30, 2013.
March 30, 2013.
- hard start or no start
- rough idle
- lack of power
- broken down on the side of the road
Though it may seem obvious to just run out and replace the sensor (since it's so easy to install), don't count on it fixing your problem. It does for some, but for others not so much. Here is a list of things to try:
- check the plug and wiring leading to the cam position sensor. This sensor plugs in on the left side of the valve cover, toward the front of the valve cover. It's the only sensor there, can't miss it.
- unplug rear oxygen sensor. Don't ask why, but it has worked for at least one person. There may be a short in the wiring.
- Check for voltage continuity for the cam position sensor. CMP (CaM Position) sensor terminal A and PCM (ECU) terminal 85 CMP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 86.
- check the wiring to the crank position sensor, and the sensor itself. Check for voltage and continuity on that sensor as well (need to dig up the ecu pins for it)
- replace the cam position sensor
Just wondering what sensors i need to replace.codes as follows.p0135,p0155,p0133.two of the codes say bank 1 sensor 1 the other says bank2 sensor 1.I think bank means driver or ...
2 answers • 2002 Dodge Intrepid • 100,500 miles
Hi hope you can help, this is a general question. 2 wire sensors, crank and cam are referred to as inductive, magnetic, whilst 3 wire sensors are Hall effect. Can a inductive, magnetic ...
3 answers • 2010 All Other Makes All Other Models
I had a rough starting when cold issue. Checked the codes and discovered two codes for a lean condition in both banks. After not finding a vac leak, I replaced the MAF with a ...
2 answers • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado • 170,779 miles
Describe the type sensor of the Knock sensor is on this vehicle and how it should be tested.?
1 answer • 2002 Chrysler 300 • 100 miles