WHATS THE NAME OF THIS PART?

2004 Lincoln Aviator • 103,000 miles

I'm having trouble trying to locate a part for my 2004 Lincoln Aviator. I want to replace a water coolant line that's sits on top of the left side of motor right near the air condition lines. One of the lines has a fitting that looks as if something was connected to it. That fitting has coolant spraying out of it every time I start my engine. Could you tell me is that the Heater Hose Assembly? I can't find the part that match this line. Please help, I do have photos of the defected line if needed. Thanks! Greg

Chezz43

Yes that is a heater hose and most likely a dealer item

Docfixit
Those crimp connectors can be cut off and a new union inserted with hose clamps but you have to know what you're doing.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for the response guys! I didn't get the chance to check into details about the leak since it was getting dark when it happened. After looking at the photos carefully looks as if the small hose right next to it could have been knocked loose while I was working on changing the plugs. I'll check it out this evening if the rain lets up. Thanks again!

Chezz43
Replied on July 09, 2012: "Yes that is a heater hose and most likely a dealer item"

You hit the nail on the head Docfixit, you are most certainly correct. After doing a little investigating it was determined exactly what I had said earlier, I broke the small hose that was connected to the heater hose causing the leak. On my way to dealer to get the part replaced. Thanks everyone!

Chezz43
I've been checking throughout the country trying to find a heater hose (FORD Part #18472B) with no luck. I can't believe that this hose is not available at any FORD parts dealer in the US. The only company that has this part is Cabrera Ford located in Hatillo, PR. The cost of this part is three times as much as the FORD dealer. Something smalls fishy about this!

Chezz43
There's more than one way to skin a cat. I used brass fittings to replace the broken hose (see photo) but now i'm having problems with my truck running hot. Would this cause my truck to run hot? A guy asked me if I bleed my cooling system? I never heard of doing that, how do you bleed the cooling system?

Chezz43
You have to get all the air out of the cooling system. Liquid cools, air does not.

Wrenchtech
I couldn't find a bleed screw but I elevated the front end of my truck and turn on the heater to full blast while refilling the coolant to radiator. Air was released from the system from doing this process and my truck was able to maintain it's temp. After driving it a couple of miles it was apparent that the problem was fixed. I still have to find a replacement heater hose but for now everything is working fine. Thanks!

Chezz43