REAR WINDOW SWITCHES CANNOT CONTROL THE BACK WINDOWS.

2004 Kia Optima • 100,000 miles

The rear window switches cannot raise or lower their respective windows. At first it was only the rear left window, now it is both. The window lock is not on as the front passenger window works. While the master switch moves one of the rear windows it can be interrupted by the rear switch, but the switch can only stop the window while the master switch is controlling the window. I have also switched the front passenger switch with the back one and they all work.

Thing Determined so far:
-All windows work
-Master switch works
-Window lock is not on or stuck on
-All switches work
-Master switch can be interrupted by the windows respective switch

Thank you in advance
Korgall263

It sounds like either a wiring issue or both the rear motors are bad. Test each motor separately, if they work you have wiring issues, if they dont, remove the panels and inspect the wiring before condemning the motor.

Most likely a fault with the master switch.

This is rather complicated to explain so I don't know if I can get the message through.

When the master switch for the respective door is not providing continuity in the rest position, the rear switches would not work. Likewise it can also be the reverse condition.

When using the master switch to control, you are able to get the windows moving because the switch is being turned to open and close some connections therefore you have no problem.