XJ WATER PUMP

2004 Jaguar XJ8 • V8 2WD Automatic •

My 2004 jaguar xj with 70000 miles has started leaking at the water pump. How long should they typically last? How much should I expect to pay at a dealer to replace it? How many hours of labor should I expect to be billed? I have owned this certified preowned since 2007 with only 19000 miles. The car has been a great car and this is going to be my first repair sine my car went out of warranty.
Okladoug

Are you asking because you may consider other options then taking to dealer?

Fixitmr
They are quoting just under one thousand dollars. I dont mind paying that if that is a fair price to repair my car. I know their labor rates can be high but if you have a future problem you have Jaguar that you can contact for assistance.

Okladoug
So I looked up pump, cam get gen jag part for 77 plus tax. Sure ya dont wanna try it yourself? Besides, it may just need a new o'ring or gasket? Who told you it needed a pump? The guy who's gonna pocket the grand?

Fixitmr
I also checked the net for reviews on that car. From what I can see, it's gonna be a money hole. Of course, you could always be the lucky 1? Might be wise to bailout now? Before any big expenditures to endear you to a religious committment?

Fixitmr
My area MI says 260-460 for the repair. That may not include a jag specific dealer quote though.

Fixitmr