JAGUAR S-TYPE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR PROBLEM

2004 Jaguar S-Type • 89,000 miles

I have an engine mangement light on and checking with diagnotic machine been told that the fault code P1549, I have found out that this is intake manifold temp valve activator connection. Is this a major repair and can I run the can until I can get it into a garage. Also same time the Key fob will not lock or open the car, are they related faults or just bad luck. I have tried to change the battery on the key fob but no change.

Here is the chart for the code. A lot more than just a connection

U : P1549. IMT Valve 1.

U1 : CHECK THE RH IMT VALVE RESISTANCE

1. Disconnect the IMT valve electrical connector, PI30.
2. Measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2 of the IMT valve.
Is the resistance 30 ohms?

Goto U2

Install a new IMT valve. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

U2 : CHECK THE POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT TO THE IMT VALVE 1.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Measure the voltage between IMT valve 1 electrical connector PI30, pin 1 (NG) and GROUND.
Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?

Goto U3

Repair the circuit between the IMT valve 1 electrical connector PI30, pin 1 (NG) and the Battery power bus 2.
This circuit includes the power distribution fuse box and the EMS control relay. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

U3 : CHECK CONTINUITY OF THE IMT VALVE 1 SIGNAL WIRE.

1. Disconnect the PCM electrical connector, PI01.
2. Measure the resistance between the IMT valve 1 electrical connector PI30, pin 2 (OY) and the PCM electrical connector PI01, pin 38 (OY)
Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Goto U4

Repair the circuit between the IMT valve 1 electrical connector PI30, pin 2 (OY) and the PCM electrical connector PI01, pin 38 (OY). For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

U4 : CHECK IMT VALVE SIGNAL WIRE FOR SHORT TO GROUND

1. Measure the resistance between PI30, pin 2 (OY) and GROUND.
Is the resistance less than 10,000 ohms?

Repair the short to GROUND. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

Goto U5

U5 : CHECK IMT VALVE SIGNAL WIRE FOR SHORT TO BATTERY

1. Connect the PCM electrical connector, PI01.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Check for a voltage at PI30, pin 2 (OY)
Is the voltage greater than 5 volts?

Repair the short to battery. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

Install a new IMT valve. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation. If the DTC is repeated, INSTALL a new PCM. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.