4WD LIGHT

2004 Isuzu D-Max

After fixing the engine and replace the pistons and gasket for engine head.
the light 4WD always on.
after erasing the trouble codes, the light is on.

what is the problem, and how can I resolve it please?
Paltell

Check to make sure you didn't pinch a wire on the switch. It is on the transfer case. You may have shorted it.

I checked all the wires. All of it is okay, but the problem still on. Please help me.

Paltell
Check the vacuum hoses and solenoids for the 4WD.

I have a Isuzu 300Dmax and it has done this twice.(Leaves the "4WD check" light on) By pressing and holding the 2H, 2L, 4L switches simultaneously for about 30 Seconds it is supposed to reset the transmission ECU but this does not seem to work. (This is as per the owners manual).

I eventually took mine in to the dealer who fixed it and charged me. Underneath the drivers seat is the ECU for the transmission control. They took out the drivers seat and bridged out some pins to reset the memory, which turned out the light and all was well.

I spoke to them nicely and they kindly gave me a copy of the procedure from the workshop manual - See attached. I suggest that Isuzu owners stick a copy in the cubbyhole together with the correct size torx and socket as well as some soldered cables to fit into the back of the connectors. Please note that you need long tinned solder tails (30mm) on the ends of your bridging wire your wire to reach right into the connectors and make contact with the right pins.

If you are stuck in 2H in the dunes the only way you are gonna get out of there will be to have a cold one, pull out the drivers seat and reset the box.

Be careful and follow the instructions carefully as an Oooops! In this area could possibly pop the ecu which could be costly.

Hope it helps

Regards

Greg

Greg Eales
Thank you Greg.

Our database does not have any data on this vehicle so this information helps.

Have a great day.